United Community & Family Services
UCFS has been providing programs and services to members of our community for over 133 years. As a health and human services agency and a Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike, UCFS provides a wide range of programs and services that respond to the ever-growing needs of those living and working in our region. Programs and services include: Outpatient Behavioral Health Services, Community Based Behavioral Health Services, Dental, Primary Medical Care, Eldercare Services and Volunteer Services.
Mission Statement: UCFS improves the health and well-being of the community.
UCFS offers a full continuum of site; community and home based behavioral health services to individuals, children and families throughout Eastern, Connecticut.
UCFS Can Help With:
- Behavioral Health services offered at the UCFS sites consist of individual, family, couple and group outpatient therapy to address anxiety, depression, family conflict, childhood behavioral issues, grief and loss, marital issues, gambling, alcohol and drug addiction. For those clients engaged in therapy services, psychiatric evaluation and medication management is available.
- UCFS also offers community and home based behavioral health services. These services include: Emergency Mobile Psychiatric Services (for any child or youth in psychiatric crisis call 211); Care Coordination, Respite and Therapeutic Support Staff and Building Blocks through the Southeast Mental Health System of Care; Family Enrichment Services (formerly Parent Aide) and the Early Childhood Consultation Program. For families involved with the Department of Children and Families, UCFS offers: Intensive Family Preservation; Family Support Team; Foster and Adoptive Support Team; Reconnecting Families and Family Based Recovery.
- Employee Assistance Program through the agency’s Center for Work and Family. Providing businesses in Eastern CT with comprehensive employee services including, assessment, counseling and referral services, trainings, Critical Incident Stress Debriefing as well as staff and management coaching and consulting.
- Workshops and programs addressing community needs including parenting topics, dealing with difficult behaviors, risk and safety concerns, as well presentations to school staff and businesses on sexual harassment, cultural competency and stress management to name a few.
- For more information about any of these programs please contact Jim Maffuid, LMFT Sr. VP Behavioral Health Services or Cara Westcott, LCSW, Vice President of Behavioral Health Services at (860) 892-7042.
UCFS Locations & Website
General Administration Office, 34 East Town St. Norwich 860.889.2375
Norwich Health Center, 47 Town Street, Norwich 860.892.7042
Jewett City Health Center, 70 Main Street, Jewett City 860.376.7040
Outpatient Behavioral Health Services
47 Town Street, Norwich 860.892.7042
400 Bayonet Street, New London 860.442.4319
212 Upton Road, Colchester 860.537.7676
21 Chicago Avenue, Groton 860.437.2188
Community Based Behavioral Health Center
77 East Town Street, Norwich 860.892.7042