Leadership Development Program
CCFSA is pleased to invite member agencies to identify select aspiring senior leaders to participate in the Council's Leadership Development Program, a uniquely designed program that will focus on key executive leadership skills required for professional growth and advancement in non-profit family service agencies.
The program is targeted for nonprofit leaders and will run for seven consecutive months between October and April with one full day training session to be held each month.
Leadership Development Program includes:
Monthly full-day seminars with guest speakers:
- Six Essential Leadership Skills Overview
- Leadership (Principled & High Performance)
- Strategic Planning, Program Planning, Business Development
- Relationship Building - Emotional Intelligence
- External Environment - Funders, Community Engagement, Public Policy & Government
- Managing Yourself & Leading Others
- Building Effective Teams
- Leading Change & Creative Thinking
- Future of Nonprofits
- Relationship with the Board of Directors
- Finance & Budgeting
Individualized Coaching Sessions:
Each participant will receive individualized coaching with one of the renowned program facilitators.
Through the coaching, participants will:
- Identify and work through a critical professional personal challenge
- Explore their leadership style through gaining greater perspective on themselves.
- Create a “dashboard” outcome model that tracks their progress towards addressing their personal challenge, including identifying effective strategies and establish clear benchmarks and indicators of success.
This learning experience seeks to be a place, both personal and peer-to-peer reflective that provides the executive with essential technical skills such as nonprofit accounting, budgeting, strategic planning and governance practices, working with the Board of Directors, etc. but more importantly helps challenge the growth of the individual’s understanding of organizational leadership and his/her growth as an executive leader.
The program objectives will focus on preparing senior management to move from mastery of one focused area to a broader role as a leader. Specifically, the program is designed to develop each participant’s competency and increase their understanding of agency operations,
- To be highly competent and ethical leaders with advanced knowledge and skills in the areas of nonprofit management and executive leadership.
- To develop, deliver and evaluate services that respond to problems in complex and diverse environments.
- To challenge and prepare leaders with the skills to effectively motivate, influence and manage staff and volunteers, and provide tools for leading change in the future.
- To utilize critical thinking and planning skills in all aspects of their work.
- To gain insight into their professional styles, skills, values and career development interests.
Participant Qualifications: Executive Aspiring Leaders
An agency nominee for the program should meet the following qualifications:
- Provides oversight to program (s) /department with direct reporting staff
- Is viewed by their agency leadership as an aspiring executive leader
- Demonstrates potential for significant executive leadership growth
- Has an understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision and values of family services