Mission & Purpose
MISSION & PURPOSE
The mission of the Council is to be the premier resource to strengthen CT’s diverse individuals and families, and the communities in which they live. The Council employs a professional team to fulfill this mission.
To accomplish its mission of strengthening Connecticut's families and the communities in which they live, the Connecticut Council of Family Service Agencies will:
- Build member-agencies’ capacity for collaboration and innovation
- Empower member-agency networks to develop and provide services that move Connecticut’s children, adults, and families toward self-reliance and healthy inter-dependence
- Advocate for the development of effective State and Federal policies and programs that foster the well being of Connecticut’s children, adults, and families
- Be relevant and responsive to Connecticut’s diverse populations
IMPACT OF THE STATEWIDE NETWORK
We are committed to being the high impact organizations our communities deserve by making lasting positive change in the lives of those we serve, in our communities and in our state. Collectively CCCFSA helps children, families and individuals build resilience for a better future. We work to:
- Help families eliminate barriers to self-sufficiency by building resilience.
- Break the cycle of intergenerational poverty.
- Support people as they find safe and stable housing.
- Address nutrition, clothing and other basic needs.
- Develop residential and day programs so that people with behavioral health or intellectual disabilities are able to live fulfilling lives in the community.
- Identify and support the developmental and educational needs of young children and their parents.
- Assure staff are high quality, well-trained, culturally competent and compassionate.
- Provide quality human services that demonstrate a return on investment.
We strive to assure that families across CT have access to systems of support that
allow them to live healthy, safe and stable lives, moving from surviving to thriving.